How to Transform your Galaxy S4 into a Galaxy S5!


OVER 30 GALAXY S5 APPS AND MODIFICATIONS FOR YOUR GALAXY S4. Welcome back. I have had a lot of requests to clarify the best way to get all the Galaxy S5 Apps on your Galaxy S4. So. Here we go...


With this method you will get: ECHOE ROM v21. *******Project X******* All in One Galaxy S5 Mods and Apps including:
Galaxy S5 Launcher, S5 Messaging, S5 Email, S5 Gallery, S5 Settings, S5 Notifications, S5 My Files, S5 Calculator, S5 S Voice, S5 Browser, S5 Optical Reader, S5 S Note, S5 S Planner, S5 S Translator, S5 Watch On, S5 Voice Recorder, S5 VIP Mode, S5 Memo, S5 Kids Mode, S5 S Music; and More! More? Yes MORE! S5 Themed System UI, S5 Settings, S5 Shut down Menu. UPDATE: Now Includes fully working S5 Lock Screen & Phone and S5 Phone & Contacts App.
VIDEOS OF MOST OF THE APPS & MODS YOU WILL GET, I KNOW I FORGOT SOME. :-)


I have been running this set-up for a few weeks now and my Galaxy S4 feels like a new phone! If you follow this guide you will have a very stable S5 / S4 Hybrid! So what are you waiting for! READ MORE>>> for the best Galaxy S5 experience on you Galaxy s4!

Before we start all credits go to the amazing Developers, Modders an Themers that make XDA what it is. Without these talented people and amazing community we would not be able to do any of this. So if you use any of the things these guys created throw a thanks or donation their way. They make our devices better and they do it all for free!

It takes a while to set up but I think its worth it. There is so much to do that I decided to break this tutorial down into 3 Parts.

Part 1:
  1. Install Echoe ROM v21 - NDG Base
  2. Install Project X S5 Modifications.
  3. Install S5 Icon, Boot Animation & Souns and Settings Icons Pack
Part 2:
  1. Install S5 Fonts.
  2. Install Phone & Contacts App.
  3. Install Lock Screen.
  4. Enable Particle Effect on Lock Screen.
Part 3:
  1. Install missing S5 Apps.
  2. Tidy Up Files.
  3. Additional tricks to tidy up your phone.
Part 1:

PLEASE NOTE: I AM ONLY SHOWING YOU WHAT WORKED FOR ME, I CAN TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BREAK YOU DEVICE OR GLOBAL THERMO NUCLEAR WAR BREAKS OUT.

I ALSO BELIEVE THE ORDER IN WHICH YOU FLASH OR INSTALL THINGS MAKES A DIFFERENCE. THE STEPS SHOWN HERE ARE THE RESULT OF MANY FLASHES, BOOTLOOPS, RANDOM REBOOTS, NANDROID BACK UPS & RESTORES UNTIL I CAME UP WITH THE FOLLOWING.


MAKE A BACK UP! MAKE A BACKUP! MAKE A BACK UP! AND TAKE YOUR TIME, MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FULL INSTRUCTIONS. 

AND GOOD LUCK!

What you will need:

As a starting point we will use Echoe ROM v21 as our base to flash the S5 mods. I am sure other ROMs will work. Echoe ROM v21 uses the NDG BASE. If you want to try another ROM be my guest. I can only show you what works for me.
  1. Samsung Galaxy S4 GTi9505 International Version. I cannot guarantee it will work on any other device.
  2. Echoe ROM v21 XDA Thread or EchoeROM Website. I have tried Echoe v22 and various other ROMs. In my honest opinion Echoe ROM v21 provides the most stable and compatible base for our S5 Mods. I am sure it will work on many other ROMs but I have had most success with Echoe ROM v21. The new base on Echoe ROM v22 gave me quite a few issues when flashing the S5 Mods, no fault of the ROM, its flawless as usual, you never know what you'll get with a new base!
  3. Project X Galaxy S5 All in One Mod. Flash the GTi9505 Mod. This thread was closed andlocked on XDA, but the links are still up there for the GTi9500 & GTi9505 variants. GRAB IT before it goes from XDA forever and ever!
  4. S5 Icons Pack + Bootanimation & Sound + Settings Icons. Does what is says!

Installation Instructions:
  1. First off, download the relevant files from the links above and save them to you device.
  2. In Recovery flash Echoe ROM v21. I always recommend a full wipe. Just follow the instructions on the XDA Thread. Echoe ROM comes with a full Aroma Installer so its very easy to set up. Look out for:
      1. NOTE: When choosing a Launcher in Aroma select 'Stock S4 with OG Battery Mod' or any other with OG Battery Mod.
      2. Remember with Echoe ROM Aroma Installer you can go back at any time to flash other Mods and Apps.
      3. I Always choose KT Kernel. It has always served me well. Remember to update it after you flash.
  3. Set up Echoe ROM and make sure everything works. If something is not working as it should fix it before you move on.
  4. In Recovery Flash Project X All in One Mod and Reboot. You will notice you have a lot of S5 Apps and your UI should also be modded.
  5. To get Galaxy S5 Launcher working. Open your Root Explorer, go to System/Priv-App and delete SecLauncher.apk. Leaving you with SecLauncher3.apk and Reboot.
  6. In Recovery Flash S5 Icons, Boot Animations & Setting Pack. I use this to get the Galaxy S5 Settings Icons on the S4 Settings as I prefer it to the S5 Settings. (YOU COULD PROBABLY MISS THIS STEP. And REBOOT.
Your Galaxy S4 should now be well on the way to being  Galaxy S5ified!

Known Issues:

  1. You wont get S Health, Video and a few other Apps with this. but don't worry we will get there in Parts 2 & 3.
  2. Music App Has a Force Close on Album & Tracks Tabs. Go into Settings and remove them from the view.
  3. Let me know. I've been at this for way too many hours now :-/

PART 2 ON THE WAY IN THE NEXT FEW DAYs. HOW TO INSTALL GALAXY S5 LOCK SCREEN & PHONE & CONTACTS APP.

TO KEEP IT CLEAN I AM GOING TO WRITE ANOTHER POST WITH PART 2 SO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS BLOG.

No comments :

Post a Comment